Thursday 29 August 2013

Early Morning Dog morph

So one of the things about being a good morpher is keeping up your fitness for all of your regular morphs.  This means you have to get into morph regularly  and get out there and fly, run, gallop or swim!  I made the classic newbie mistake when I first qualified as a morpher, and wanted to acquire each and every animal I could touch (back then, you could still just about get away with acquiring any animal, nowadays of course they've all be bio-chipped to make acquiring impossible unless you pay the owner or council a fee).

I acquired several cats, lots of pet dogs, even small animals such as gerbils - simply because I could!  I then discovered it was really different keeping track of which morphs I had, not to mention pretty pointless for having most of them.  I guess the original Animorphs would have acquired various different animals of the same species over the time fighting, but there would have been a reason for it, such as needing to pass as a particular animal for so they could spy on the Yeerks (someone's pet, or a specific racehorse) rather than just any old dog or horse.  Not really any need for me though, too much clutter!

Plus like I mentioned about, to morph well you need to keep your morphs fit and strong.  Sure, the DNA doesn't change so the animal stays the same in essence, but just like your original human form, you can develop it's fitness over time as long as you spend enough time in that particular morph.  Works well, since the opposite happens when yourself or the animal is injured - you heal once you've done a morph transition!  So why have 5 dog morphs when one will do the job well and you can focus your energy and time on that one?

Anyway, that aside, I went for a dog morph early this morning.  I wanted to spend a good half and a half in morph and have a good run, plus some time to have fun as a dog and enjoy the smells and sounds of the early morning before most people are up!  My dog is a German Shepherd, which I acquired from a morphing school about 5 years ago.  The British governing body for morphing had tightened up the rules for declaring your new morphs, and most places were charging for you to acquire their animals now.  The German Shepherd was £25 to morph, which is quire reasonable for a very good dog.  I would have loved a wolf morph, but they're really difficult to acquire now as they are in the next category up, plus you're looking at around £200 for acquire one!

I got up at about 4.30am, which was ridiculously early and I really wanted to go back to bed!  But I needed to eat breakfast, and I like to leave at least an hour between eating and morphing as otherwise I get bad stomach cramps and the morph doesn't go smoothly.  Not sure exactly what happens to swallowed food whilst in Z-space but I am not keen to find out! Anyway, I was ready to leave just before 6am, no need to worry about a complicated morphing suit (a tight workout shirt and shorts did the trick) as I would be morphing and demorphing straight from home.

Good initial morph to the dog (or "in-morph") - managed to get the fur to grow first, followed by the tail, which looked awesome!  The senses kicked in really quickly this time, before even my limbs had followed developed.  I think I still had a part human nose, yet was able to pick up the faintest scents and hear tiny, distance sounds.  Eyesight is not as good though.

I spend about 90 minutes in morph, trotting off to the outskirts of the neighbourhood, and then then breaking into a run for a good few miles along an old railway track.  Let's just say that if you feel tired at 6am, doing a good run as a German Shepherd really wakes you up!  The sun was just coming up and it was a really nice, crisp morning - not that the dog cared, that part of the brain just wanted to take a sneak at every bit of old food, creature, rubbish or person it could smell!  Whoohoo, they love to have fun!

Got back home, rather exhausted, and did a lazy demorph before getting my gear together to cycle to work.  Not a bad start, although I think I could have done with some more sleep!  Got another club session tonight, this time a water session at the animal shelter, so might have the chance to do a duck or fish.


No comments:

Post a Comment